Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Got the Blues

So it is now 1 a.m. and I'm procrastinating (as I often do). I have about 400 things to do by 9:30 tomorrow morning so, naturally, I'm spending time here. I've been thinking about posting some of my work on here for a little while. I don't really know if it is in the hopes that someone "big" will read it and I'll get "discovered." As cool as that would be and all, I'm not really that naive. I think I would just kind of like to be able to type in an address and see my work there. There's something about seeing my work online that makes me feel important, like I've made it and I'm being published, even if it's by myself. As silly as all this may sound (and maybe because I'm running on enough coffee to put most people into a caffeine induced coma) I really may do it. Until I decide whether or not to post some of my "serious" stuff, I leave this- the one thing I have finished today since I started working at around noon. The class is called "History of the Blues" and the assignment was to write our own blues lyrics.


Best Friend Blues

I woke up this mornin’ and I head right out the door
Well I woke up this mornin’ and I head right out the door
My baby done left me, she ain’t comin' round no more

No cakes on the griddle and no bacon in the pan
(Said there weren’t) no cakes on the griddle and no bacon in the pan
My baby done left me, done left a broke and hungry man

Walked around the corner, saw that rope tied to a post
Yeah I walked around the corner, saw that rope tied to a post,
Baby, leave me broke and hungry, just don’t take what I love most

Followed that rope to nothing, sat and cried there in the fog
(Don’t you see)I followed that rope to nothing, sat and cried there in the fog
I know I done you wrong, Sugar, but did you have to take the dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment