Friday, February 24, 2012

Midnight Sun Brewing Co.- Obliteration VIII



Midnight Sun is a brewery that I definitely wish I saw a lot more of down here in San Diego. To my knowledge, there are only a handful of bottleshops in Southern California that get their beers on a regular basis. Luckily for me, I happened to be in one of them shortly after they received a new shipment and I was able to get the newest in Midnight Sun's series of experimental IPAs- Obliteration VIII.

Obliteration VIII pours a beautiful dark golden color with a one finger off-white colored head. I picked up some huge notes of citrus hops along with some hints of white pepper.

The taste is chock full of hops. Big, sticky, chewy hops with a bit of caramel and orange thrown in for good measure. I didn't taste a ton of malt here, but it didn't bother me too much. This is an absolute hop bomb and one of the better ones out there. I have to find more of this.

Final Grade: A

Top 100 Beers Tasted: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment