Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Top 100...And Beyond!

As you may have noticed, there's been a shift in the focus of my reviews. Over the past few weeks, I've made it a point to check off as many beers on beeradvocate's Top 100 list as is humanly possible. Rather than fight my tendency to want to taste the best beer possible, I'm embracing it and changing the title of my blog. Is that much really going to change? Not really. Let me explain.

As I've already said, my ultimate goal is to review all of the Top 100 beers in the world. As of today, here are the ones I've reviewed:

#2 Russian River Pliny the Younger
#3 Russian River Pliny the Elder
#8 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
#11 Deschutes The Abyss
#16 Russian River Supplication
#17 Bell's Hopslam Ale
#18 Trappistes Rochefort 10
#23 Ballast Point Sculpin India Pale Ale
#30 St. Bernardus Abt 12
#39 Russian River Consecration
#54 Tröegs Nugget Nectar
#58 Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout
#62 Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock
#68 Alpine Exponential Hoppiness
#77 Alpine Bad Boy
#81 Alpine Pure Hoppiness
#89 Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter
#90 Russian River Blind Pig IPA
#91 Alpine Nelson
#96 Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich

So that's 20 out of 100...so far. Keep in mind that the list is in a constant state of flux so this number could go up or down depending on how favorable the reviews of certain beers are. For example, one of the beers that I've reviewed, Bell's Two Hearted, was at #98 on the list a few days ago but has since dropped off. Depending on how reviews of it are in the next few weeks (or months), it could return.

While my ultimate goal is to try the last 80 beers on the list, my mission remains to continue to taste and review new beers, no matter what their "rank." The beers that didn't make the cut will still have a place in this blog and fall under the "Beyond" category in the title (kind of like what Bed Bath & Beyond did with their title, except here you'll actually have an idea of what the "Beyond" is).

So please enjoy my quest and feel free to let me know if you happen upon a beer you think I should review.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment