Thursday, July 22, 2010

Runs 14 & 15

This past week marked the first time I've run three days in a row. On Wednesday, I ran the 5 mile PB boardwalk again with Cesar and on Thursday, I ran the 3.25 mile loop around my house. In a way, this was a really good way to test where my training really was at.

Wednesday's run was as good as I think I've ever felt on the boardwalk. And while I was exhausted when the run was over, it was probably as easy as 5 miles has ever felt to my body. Again, it definitely helps a lot to have a buddy running with you. The weather was gloomy so the boardwalk was relatively quiet and this helped a lot as usually, you're spending more time sidestepping people than running in a straight line.

On Thursday, I was planning on running at the boardwalk again but didn't feel like driving down for it. As it turns out, that was probably a good thing. My legs were definitely feeling the beating I had put them through the previous two days. As it turned out. I finished the run a minute slower than I had run it on Tuesday. Not bad, considering that this was my third run in 48 hours.

So here's what I took from these runs. I felt pretty good throughout the three days of running but I know I'm going to have to do better. Not only am I going to have to be able to do three runs in half the time I did these, but almost all of the three runs I'm going to have to do are going to be longer than the runs I just did. I'm going to have to step it up but, with a month before the race officially starts, I'd say I'm right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment